Tierra Biosciences is looking for an organized and self-motivated lab technician to assist with running our high throughput platform through our protein purification and analytics core. We are a 12-person company based out of San Leandro, CA looking to discover untapped chemistry using a novel cell-free synthetic biology platform. This is a part-time (~20-30 hours/week) position that requires in-person wet lab work, with appropriate COVID-19 precautions, and the possibility to expand the role and number of hours. The perfect candidate is someone who possesses excellent communication and organized time-management skills, enjoys working with their hands, is interested in synthetic biology and biotechnology, and can work both independently and collaboratively. Familiarity with biochemical techniques desired, including protein expression, protein purification, and SDS-PAGE.
· Execute wet lab tasks, following standard procedures
· Work with robotics to process large numbers of samples
· Document laboratory procedures and data in a lab notebook, including diligent notetaking of observations
· Store and maintain sample organization
· Effectively communicate with other team members to maintain platform productivity
· Maintain an average of 2-3 days of working on-site work per week (~20-30 hours/week total)
· Familiarity with biochemical techniques, including protein expression and purification, protein assays, and SDS-PAGE.
· A scientific understanding of biochemistry/synthetic biology, particularly through college coursework, lab experience, or work experience
· Ability to execute a process by following a protocol
· Strong attention to detail
· Team player
· Adaptive to different roles
· Fast learner, able to keep up in a fast-paced start up