Tierra Biosciences is a dynamic, VC-backed startup launching the Sol by Tierra™ protein production platform to change the way scientists build bioproducts. We’re committed to building a sustainable future, and believe the path forward involves unlocking new scientific discoveries by accelerating the pace of scientific R&D.
Tierra is hiring for a Product Manager, Synthetic Biology role to lead the launch of Sol by Tierra™. Sol by Tierra™ is an on-demand protein production platform that allows scientists to order hundreds of custom proteins by a web-portal interface, instead of by single protein orders. It is driven by a deep-tech, synthetic biology-forward platform.
You are first and foremost excited to launch startup products, and have experience in high-growth environments. Charting exponential revenue growth is exciting, not scary. You know what it’s like to work with both customers on the front end and scientists and engineers on the back end, and can act as the interface between both. While the space is synthetic biology, the product is a tech one, and you’ve either worked in biology before or have a fascination with engineering biology and are excited to learn the space. You wear multiple hats.
The role entails launching Sol by Tierra™ out of beta and ramping user and revenue growth. This involves further defining the product and customer base; planning and beginning marketing campaigns; building your own team that you can manage; and roadmapping future products. You will work closely with the CEO and the technical team, and be expected to shape the product. You will be the first product-focused hire, and will bring experience and enthusiasm to cover white space.
· Spearhead launch of Sol by Tierra™
· Serve as the voice of the customer and stakeholders as a means of enhancing the existing product and services
· Research and develop customer personas for each target market
· Work closely with CEO and technical team to define product
· Interface with customers and manage lead funnel and follow-on customer service
· Build and execute marketing strategy
· Build structure to lead teams, but be capable of solo-executing to proof-of-concept stage
· A “get stuff done” attitude who is also a team-player
· Prior product management in a high-growth startup in tech, preferably in tech-enabled biotech
· Experience with biology, enough to pass a technical skills test
· BA degree, preferably in the life sciences
· MBA a plus with 8+ years relevant professional experience
· Experience launching new product
Tierra is an equal opportunity employer. This full-time role is based out of San Leandro, CA but can be conducted remotely with an expectation of occasional in-person meetings. Visa sponsorship is not available.