Tierra Biosciences is a synthetic biology company that enables scientists focused on exploring the natural world and discovering the key properties of their system to develop the next generation of bioproducts. To do this, we are building a software engine to power a high-throughput protein production platform. This engine will help understand the properties on incoming sequences to maximize the success of our clients, as well as helping to support the team of scientists in understanding the key factors required for success at the lab bench.
· Create modules to support customer experimental setup, data tracking and order handling
· Integrate new and existing modules into a basic web interface to allow shared use
· Proactively identify and eliminate issue caused by coding pitfalls and edge-cases with end-to-end testing
· Prioritize tasks for immediate needs vs long term goals
· Potentially build tools to explore protein sequence data using biological databases and bioinformatics tools
· Experience with libraries/toolkits such as pandas, numpy, biopython, jQuery, jQuery UI, django, x-spreadsheet
· Knowledge of database design and implementation (SQL), SQLAlchemy
· Demonstrated development of custom algorithms/ computational tools
· Motivated by creating solutions for others
· Significant exposure to AWS cloud computing services a plus
· Prior experience integrating with public databases a plus
If interested, please use the link below to send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name in the subject.