Tierra Biosciences is a synthetic biology company that enables scientists focused on exploring the natural world and discovering the key properties of their system to develop the next generation of bioproducts. To do this, we are building a software engine to power a high-throughput protein production platform. This engine will help understand the properties on incoming sequences to maximize the success of our clients, as well as helping to support the team of scientists in understanding the key factors required for success at the lab bench.
· Lead the generation modules that replicate complex experimental setup requiring multiple steps of organization, math, and matrix manipulation
· Build tools to abstract information for protein sequence data and biological databases
· Develop approaches to visualize and learn from our data
· Leverage big-data tools and apply them to direct observation of the real-world behavior of proteins
· Prioritize tasks for immediate needs vs long term goals
· Experience with libraries such as pandas, numpy, biopython
· Knowledge of database design and implementation (SQL)
· Demonstrated development of custom algorithms
· Motivated by creating solutions for others
· Experience with AWS and other cloud computing services a plus
If interested, please use the link below to send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name in the subject.